At the suggestion of a friend (I’m lookin’ at you, Casey) and with the help of UrbanDictionary.com (aka the greatest reference material ever), I have compiled a list of what Baja means to me. So without further ado (this always makes me want to sing Agadoo)…without further agadoo, here is that lovely lovely list:
1. Baja Men – Who let the dogs out, you ask? Baja Men are on the case, like detectives with bad dye-jobs. And weird outfits. Ohhh ’90s, the things we did for you (yippie-yie-oh).
2. Baja Fresh – Best taco place on the planet. Really. Okay, that’s a lie, I’m sure there’s another place (probably in South America) that makes better tacos. But I am a fan, mainly because their name contains the word Baja.
3. BAJA! (Courtesy of UD.com) – A term used to the effect of “booya!” But it is to be pronounced as it is spelled (BAJA!)
I don’t know if I’d trust this definition, seeing as most the definitions there were too gross to put here and some of them seemed like whoever had written them was just MAJORLY stoned.
4. Baja salsa – Baja could totally refer to salsa being tasty and fresh. But then again, this just came out of my brain about six seconds ago, so it could also be complete gibberish.
5. Baha! – When an idea strikes you and you have a stuffy nose, you say, “Baha!” and raise a finger in the air intelligently.
What does baja mean to you?