There’s a list of questions going around YouTube that vloggers answer, and it’s all about Christmas. Since I don’t make videos, but I really wanted to answer the questions, I thought I’d write a quick post about it instead! Hooray!
1. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve gotten? Hmm. That’s a tricky one. My grandmother (Brownie) gave me a huge recipe-keeper book one year. You write down recipes in it and it has little organizing tabs in it. It also has clear sheets that you can paste old recipe sheets onto to preserve them. Basically, it’s the most basic, seemingly boring gift, but it clearly had a lot of thought behind it, and it’s been really useful to me over the years. I love to cook, and I know I’ll keep it til I’m dead. Maybe they’ll bury me with it.
2. What’s the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever gotten? I don’t think bad Christmas gifts even exist. If someone bothered to give you something, and took time out of their lives to pick it out or make it for you, then…what are you complaining about, exactly?
3. Sing a line from your favorite Christmas song. Every day! Would be like a holiday! When my baby…when my baby comes hooooome!
4. What’s your favorite Christmas film? Mixed Nuts. It’s got Steve Martin, Juliette Lewis, Madeline Kahn, Adam Sandler, and Rob Reiner in it. There’s a lot of shouting, a crazy man in a Santa costume, and Liev Schreiber is a cross-dresser. So really, what’s not to love? (The answer is nothing.)
5. If you could re-name one of Santa’s reindeer, what would you name it? I think Vixen is a pretty silly name for a reindeer. It sounds like maybe, when it’s not Christmas Eve, she has a job as a stripper at some dive bar in Iceland or something. So I’d rename Vixen to…Maude. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Maude.
6. What’s your favorite thing about Christmas? Everything. I like that everyone’s in a good mood (do that more, people). I like that we get to cook a lot. My family usually has a nice little Christmas party and it’s nice to be reminded that we have a lot of wonderful friends. And I like snow.
I think maybe my favorite thing about Christmas is the snowy nonsense that happens. We go sledding, and my dad typically biffs me in the face with a few snowballs, and I get snow down my coat and freak out. And people can never seem to figure out how to drive in the inch of snow we get before Christmas, so they get all panicky and it’s pretty hilarious. Aaaaand I like how shiny everything gets. Shiny and bright.
Anyway, that’s the end of that! Merry Christmas to all of you, even if you’re not Christian (I’m not…but I still celebrate Christmas because I believe in love and happiness). I hope you have a fabulous time with your families and friends, and hopefully you’re in a nice mood. Yay!