I should not be awake. I also shouldn’t be sick and full of snot and coughing like a choking dog, but such is life.
I started cosmetology school yesterday. Surprise! I didn’t tell y’all…possibly because I haven’t posted in like 4 months because I’m a
failure working gal and got busy getting my life in order.
Buuuut anyway, I had my first day of class yesterday, which consisted of:
1. Going through my kit (it was like a stressful Christmas morning involving way too many different curling irons and sharp objects that I will no doubt be impaling myself with at some point in the near future)
2. Getting my hair done by an older student (who, as I walked up to her, declared, “I’m gonna give you an Afro” and the rest was history) and subsequently missing my entire lunch hour because she got so into it. I shoved a scone in my face real quick, guys, don’t worry
3. Logging into a million different programs while trying to forget that there were mannequin heads in my kit that could spontaneously come to life and eat my face while looking at me with their dead eyes
4. Walking to my car in the pouring rain as my “Afro” deflated, only to discover that my battery was dead
5. Waiting for AAA while shoving trail mix in my face because I was starving and had a cold
So let’s hope day two is a little less insane! But I’m having fun so far :) This is a really exciting step in my life and it’ll be really interesting to see where it leads!